Confidence is sexy, it’s empowering and therefore we all need to learn a few tricks for harnessing our inner confidence. It’s not an easy thing to find but once you have it you can rule the world. No one can believe in you unless you first believe in yourself. The problem with this is that not all of us a born with unwavering confidence in ourselves. Those of us with a less than stellar track record of self belief need to find new ways to feel strong.
Top tricks for a confidence boost:
- Wear red lipstick! Take a tip from Taylor Swift, Red is a strong colour, wear it and feel strong.
- Fake it. Confidence can be an illusion and often if you fake it, you will start to feel it.
- Listen to your personal cheerleaders. We all have people in our lives that compliment us. Instead of acting like they had to say it why don’t you listen and really consider that you do look great or you are amazingly talented at karaoke. Compliments always count.
- Use affirmations. They can feel kind of silly at first, especially if you watch yourself in the mirror. After a while they will become embedded into your mind, and they will pop into your head at weak moments!
- Step out of your comfort zone. Pushing your boundaries will increase your ability to act confidently in unnatural situations.
- Learn from confident women! There are lots of 21st century confident women in the media these days. Watch how they hold themselves and take note.
- Start loving yourself. Self-love will naturally give you a boost of self-confidence.
- Exercise. Body confidence will bring you natural confidence
- Practice speaking to lots of people in one day. Being more sociable will help you squash your shaky confidence issues.
- Spend time with confident people. They will rub off on you.
- Fight your fears. Concurring your fears will make you feel invincible. Nothing takes more courage so if you achieve it you will trust yourself more easily.
- Hold onto a good luck charm. If I feel unsure of myself I wear my charm bracelet. The feel of it on my wrist is the natural reassurance I need to push myself to be confident in my actions.
- Just do it. I don’t mean dress in Nike gear; I mean push yourself through whatever you need the confidence for. Once you have done it you will have the confidence in yourself for the next challenge.
What helps you to feel more confident?